Police record: | News, sports, jobs
– Officers responded to a call on September 28 at 11:23 p.m. in the 300 block of Moore Street for a complaint of a tenant constantly screaming. Officers knocked on the door for several minutes but received no response.
– Officers were dispatched to Heights Manor on Sept. 29 at 1:10 a.m. for a possible domestic dispute. The caller said they heard their neighbors arguing. Officers spoke with the parties who said they were arguing but nothing physical happened.
-Officers on September 29 at 2:34 p.m. took a report from a woman who had withdrawn $5,000 from her account at Clearview Federal Credit Union on September 27. A female entered the credit union, provided identification, made a withdrawal and left. The real account holder was notified by a text message from the bank and the transaction was approved from her account.
– On September 29 at 10:22 p.m., officers responded to the 700 block of Avondale Street for a possible fight. Both parties involved told officers the fight was only verbal.
– Officers responded on September 29 at 3:26 p.m. to a domestic situation in the 800 block of Riverview Avenue. When the officers arrived, the parties informed them that the situation was under control and there was no need for the police presence.
– On September 29 at 2:03 a.m., an officer assisted with a traffic stop on State Route 39. The driver consented to a search of the vehicle but nothing illegal was found.
– An officer received a report on September 29 at 2:48 p.m. from a man who said his property on Pennsylvania Avenue had been broken into multiple times and multiple items stolen.
– On September 29 at 9:08 a.m. an officer issued a stop citation to a vehicle that was parked upstream and stopped near the corner. The vehicle was located on Michigan Avenue near Elizabeth Street.
– An officer took a report on Sept. 29 at 8:01 a.m. of an unknown juvenile pushing a fountain at the Fawcett Apartments. A video clip showed the juvenile leaving the scene and entering the building with two unidentified adults. The officer spoke to the tenant of the apartment where the juvenile went and told him that the tenant was caring for the boy but did not know his name or his parents. The tenant was served an eviction notice due to the incident. The investigation is awaiting receipt of video from CMHA.
– On September 29 at 7:33 p.m., officers searched for a man who was suicidal. The caller told officers the man was driving around town. An officer talked to the man about the problems he was having and the man told the officer he wouldn’t hurt himself.
– On September 29 at 7pm officers responded to Blakely Street to a group of children disturbing the neighborhood. The officer advised the children to return to their homes.
– A female came to the station on September 29 at 2:09 p.m. to report another female following her around town and making threats. She told officers she just wanted to file a report in case something happened.
– An officer spoke with a female on September 29 at 9:04 p.m. who said she had received threats from a man who had recently been arrested. The officer advised her on how to file a protection request.
– On September 29, officers checked empty residences on St. George Street looking for someone but did not find them in any of the empty homes.
(tags for translation) Police and courts