Now is a good time to enjoy White Castle stuffing season
The popular Thanksgiving side dish made with White Castle Sliders is sold nationwide In grocery stores and restaurants, it now features a new version of musician and lifelong Craver Fat Joe
Columbus, Ohio, November 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — It’s WCS season! This is “white castle stuffing” season for those who don’t know. White Castle, the iconic family-owned company, reminds people that before the bells start ringing, before the Christmas tide, before everyone starts attaching what they want to Christmas, Thanksgiving should be celebrated! Naturally, this celebration should include the recipe for White Castle’s legendary freshly baked stuffing.
White Castle’s original slider stuffing set a new standard for how to prepare Thanksgiving stuffing. The recipe was first introduced in 1991 when a White Castle team member improved her grandmother’s family stuffing recipe into a bag of sliders.
“Food, fellowship and memorable moments make up a great Thanksgiving, and White Castle is thrilled to have played a role in making that a reality for more than three decades,” he said. Jimmy Richardson, Vice President at White Castle. “All of our Slider Stuffing recipes are easy to prepare but pack a ton of flavor, making them a favorite choice for both kitchen experts and novices trying to create the perfect Thanksgiving side dish.”
The White Castle culinary team has another hit in 2022 with Kickin’ Southwest Stuffin Muffins. Featuring corn, scallions, chili powder, a variety of peppers, and jalapeño cheese, these muffins are small in size but big in flavor. Other versions of the Slider Filling include the Impossible Slider Filling, which uses the Impossible Slider Filling as a base, the Jalapeño Bacon Slider Filling and the Southwestern Jalapeño Cheese Slider Filling.
Remix! Fat Joe style! This year, the Craver Hall of Famer put his personal touch on the dish, calling it “Fat Joe’s Jalapeño Cheese Slider Stuffing.” Fat Joe’s version features sautéed celery, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, shredded peppercorns, and jalapeño cheese, with a guest appearance from sazon, a spice blend that is a staple in many Puerto Rican, Dominican, and Mexican cuisines.
All recipes listed can be prepared using sliders purchased fresh from White Castle restaurants or frozen from retail stores throughout the U.S.
“The bird may grab the headlines, but it’s the stuffing that does the heavy lifting with these innovative Thanksgiving recipes,” Richardson said. “You will always receive an invitation to join the festivities as long as you continue serving the White Castle Slider Stuffing recipe.”
Here are the recipes for White Castle’s original slider filling and its Kickin’ Southwest Stuffin’ cakes. For other filling recipes and additional recipe ideas using White Castle menu items, visit www.whitecastle.com/crave-central/recipes.
White castle® Original slider filling recipe
Preparation time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Servings: About 9 cups of stuffing (enough for a 10- to 12-pound turkey)
- 10 to 12 White Castle Original sliders, without pickles (from Castle Restaurant or a local retailer)
- 1 ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1½ teaspoon ground sage
- ¾ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth (or 1 cup for the casserole version)
- Cut the sliders into small pieces, then place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add diced celery and seasoning.
- – Add a quarter cup of chicken broth and stir well.
- Place the stuffing in the turkey cavity and cook as usual.
- If cooking the filling as a casserole, add an additional 3/4 cup of chicken broth and stir well.
- Spray or grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Transfer the filling to a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
White Castle Kickin’ Southwestern Staffin’ Cakes
Preparation time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Servings: approx. 18
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 12 pieces of jalapeno sliders, cut into half-inch pieces
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, diced (1 cup) – leave out the seeds for a spicier patty.
- 1 poblano pepper, diced (1 cup) – leave the seeds for extra spice
- 1 red pepper, cut into cubes (1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Chopped green onions (2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- Half a cup of bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped pepper and stir until soft.
- Add corn and green onions, turn off the heat.
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables with slices and bread crumbs.
- Combine broth and eggs.
- Pour the broth and egg mixture over the slider mixture and mix well.
- Pour it into a greased muffin tin or use cupcake paper.
About the White Castle®
White Castle, America’s first fast food hamburger chain, has been making hot, delicious sliders since 1921. It is headquartered in Columbus, OhioThe family-owned company owns and operates more than 350 restaurants as well as a retail division that serves its famous food in the freezer aisles of retail stores across the country. As part of its commitment to providing quality products, White Castle owns and operates Slider Provider’s meat plants, bakeries and retail plants. White Castle has received numerous awards over the years including Time Magazine’s “Most Influential Burger of All Time” (2014, The Original Slider)®) and “Best Fast Food Veggie Burger” by Thrillist (2019, Impossible™ slider). In 2021, Fast company The leading fast food company has been named one of the ’10 Most Innovative Companies in Dining’. White Castle received the Great Place to Work award® Certification™ in 2021, 2022 and 2023. It is the only fast food restaurant to earn this distinction three years in a row, and is known for the legendary engagement of its team members, with more than 1 in 4 of them having worked with the company for at least 10 years. White Castle is beloved by its ardent fans (“Cravers”), many of whom compete each year to be inducted into the Cravers Hall of Fame. The official White Castle app makes it easy for Cravers to sign up for Craver Nation® Loyalty program, access sweet deals and place pickup orders anytime. They can also have their orders delivered using one of White Castle’s delivery partners. For more information about White Castle, visit whitecastle.com.
Source: White Castle
(Tags for translation)White Castle